Friday, June 6, 2008

Change of Plans

After a horrible morning at the Chinese Embassy on Thursday, I finally started to accept that I might not actually make it into Tibet. Sure enough, this evening I received confirmation from my travel company that the tour has been altered due to complications with the Chinese Government. It's unfortunate that something couldn't be worked out, but the adjusted tour looks great as well. I had wanted to visit Bhutan, and now I can! My biggest disappointment is the missed Mt. Everest stop.

10 Afternoon we cross border into Thailand and fly to Bangkok
11 Afternoon flight to Kolkata, India
12 Day tour of Kolkata/ Overnight train
13 Darjeeling, India
14 Gangtok, India
15 Kalimpong, India
16 Phuentsoling, Bhutan
17 Thimphu, Bhutan
18 Punakha/Wangde, Bhutan
19 Punakha/Wangde, Bhutan
20 Paro, Bhutan

No comments: