Thursday, June 26, 2008

8th Grade Stepping-up Ceremony


It was a bitter sweet day to see my advisory leave the 8th grade and set off for high school. A week before the graduation I had a long conversation with one of my advisees, Tajae, about how scary change can be. Whether you are changing the school you attend, the job that you work at, or just your scenery, it all takes you out of your comfort zone. I still vividly remember my first night in South Africa when I started to question why I was there. I was conflicted because of my desire to try something new, and at the same time my fear of the unknown. Even as I get ready to set off on this trip I still get the butterfly's in my stomach, and that has become my favorite part of traveling. It is in that feeling that I remember how easily I slip into a routine, and how good it is to constantly challenge myself and try something new. Congratulations Honestas! I will miss those of your who are leaving Bronx Latin, but I am so excited to hear about all your new adventures. I hope that you too will come to appreciate and look forward to the butterfly's! Check out the rest of the pictures here.

No comments: